Crypto is no longer a dirty word in DC, and we have the Chamber of Digital Commerce to thank for that shift in sentiment. Established in 2014, this nonprofit represents companies in the blockchain space, fighting on Capitol Hill for a better regulatory framework that will allow innovation to thrive in this country.
Perianne Boring is the Founder and President of the Chamber of Digital Commerce, the world’s largest trade association for the blockchain industry. The Chamber’s mission is to promote the acceptance and use of digital assets and blockchain-based technologies, working with policymakers, government agencies and industry players to educate and advocate for a pro-growth policy environment.
Perianne joins us to discuss the Chamber’s work in shifting the rhetoric around digital currency in Washington, explaining how sentiment has changed in DC over the last four years. She walks us through the conflicting views of cryptocurrency established by FinCEN versus the IRS and the challenge in complying with tax law as it is currently written. Listen in for insight on how the Chamber of Digital Commerce’s current policy proposal would treat digital currency as an alternative to the US dollar and how that would impact the way crypto is taxed.
Connect with Perianne
- Chamber of Digital Commerce https://digitalchamber.org/
- Chamber of Digital Commerce on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/chamberdigital/
- Chamber of Digital Commerce on Twitter https://twitter.com/chamberdigital
- Chamber of Digital Commerce on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwEyC2QsQCztk2qGzm1b6Q
- Chamber of Digital Commerce on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/chamber-of-digital-commerce/
- Perianne on Twitter https://twitter.com/PerianneDC
- Perianne on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/perianne-boring-43363991/
- The Treasury Inspector General’s 2016 Report https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditreports/2016reports/201630083fr.pdf
Connect with Boost VC