The beauty of open-source software lies in its efficiency. If two companies, building different solutions, work together on the parts of the projects that overlap, they accomplish more in less time. The Hyperledger Project is an open-source collaboration working to build a set of blockchain technologies that can be used in a variety of industries and embedded in the emerging internet technology stack.
Brian Behlendorf is the Executive Director of the Hyperledger Project for The Linux Foundation. Brian has dedicated his career to connecting and empowering the free and open-source software community to solve difficult problems. Early in his career, Brian was a primary developer of the Apache Web server and a founding member of the Apache Software Foundation. He was also the founding CTO of CollabNet and CTO of the World Economic Forum. Today, Brian serves on the board of the Mozilla Foundation as well as the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Prior to joining Hyperledger, Brian was a managing director at Mithril Capital Management, a global technology investment firm.
Brian joins us to explain the relationship between the Linux Foundation and Hyperledger, describing the venture’s subscription-based business model and several of the projects being built with its open-source blockchain technology. He walks us through the benefits of Hyperledger over public blockchains, discussing the business community’s preference for anonymity and the right to fork if data is misused. Listen in for Brian’s insight around measuring the progress of community-building and learn how open-source software helps us go further, faster.
Connect with Brian
- Hyperledger https://www.hyperledger.org/
- Hyperledger on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7_X0WkMtkWzaVUKF-PRBNQ
- Hyperledger on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hyperledger
- Hyperledger on Twitter https://twitter.com/hyperledger
- Brian on Twitter https://twitter.com/brianbehlendorf
- Brian on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/brianbehlendorf/
- Brian’s Website http://brian.behlendorf.com/
- Netcraft https://www.netcraft.com/
- ‘Fighting the Seed Monopoly’ in The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/seed-monopoly-free-seeds-farm-monsanto-dupont
- The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami https://www.amazon.com/Wind-Up-Bird-Chronicle-Novel/dp/0679775439
- Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas R. Hofstadter https://www.amazon.com/G%C3%B6del-Escher-Bach-Eternal-Golden/dp/0465026567
Connect with Boost VC